Accountant - Greater Toronto Area
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Accountant to join our Finance & Administration team in our head office located in Markham, Ontario. Nightingale offers a fast-paced, innovative environment that will challenge your business acumen and tune your technical aptitude.
The successful candidate will contribute to the Finance Department initiatives by supporting senior team members with the following activities:
- Apply incoming cash payments to customer accounts taking care to apply payments in accordance with instruction from customer.
- Reconcile multiple general ledger cash balances with bank balances on a daily basis keeping Controller apprised of required transfers among accounts, as needed.
- Provide input into weekly cash forecast maintained by the Controller.
Accounts Payable Responsibilities
- Maintain the Company’s Approved Supplier Listing and related documentation including an annual quality review of approved vendors to be coordinated with various Company managers.
- Review Purchase Orders and Invoices and compare to contract terms to ensure billing and taxes assessed, are accurate.
- Ensure all vendor documentation and related invoice data is captured accurately and timely in the Company’s accounting system.
- Match vendor invoices against Purchase Orders, where appropriate, and ensure proper receiving control of physical goods.
- Secure approvals for vendor invoices in accordance with the Company’s policy.
- Make recommendations to the Controller regarding invoices to be paid in accordance with the Company’s established check run process.
- Prepare checks and process electronic payments to vendors.
- Respond to vendor inquiries regarding payment.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure accounts are balanced and reconciled on a regular basis and that any discrepancies are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Escalate issues in a timely and professional manner.
Month End / Taxes:
- Prepare and remit appropriate sales and payroll tax reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete various month end close responsibilities in a timely manner including reconciliation and analysis of certain balance sheet accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Controller or VP of Finance.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with minimum 3 years progressive relevant accounting experience in a public company environment and will possess the following skills and attributes:
- College or University graduate with educational focus on Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- Must be proficient with use of Excel, including Pivot Tables.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Netsuite and\or Great Plains an asset.
What’s in it for you:
Nightingale offers competitive compensation and benefits packages, plus career development opportunities and training programs. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun, growing technology company based in North America.
Call to action:
Adoption of health care IT is gaining strong momentum. Recent government initiatives in both Canada and the US are providing strong incentives to drive EMR adoption and bring North American adoption from ~25% up to the global standards >85% within the next 3 years.
- Let Nightingale help you unleash your full potential. We are a growth company in a growing market and there is no better time to make a career change.
- Apply now. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org