Lead Data Services Consultant - Greater Toronto Area
We are currently looking for a highly motivated LEAD DATA SERVICES CONSULTANT to join our Professional Services Team. Nightingale offers a fast-paced, innovative environment that will challenge your technical aptitude. The successful candidate will contribute to Nightingale business initiatives by supporting team members with the following activities:
- Coordinate the activities of the Data Services team in order to ensure that implementation project objectives are met on time and on budget.
- Provide estimates, timelines and updates to Nightingale Project Managers, Nightingale Implementation Consultants and clients.
- Work with Nightingale Sales to scope prospective engagements and act as a Data Services subject matter expert in meetings with prospective clients.
- Work closely with the Professional Services team in gathering, analyzing, developing and supporting technical solutions.
- Design and implement data migration solutions for converting legacy CMS (Clinical Management Systems) data into Nightingale on Demand.
- Gather project technical requirements based on defined project concept, conduct end user interviews, and generate data maps.
- Execute and support existing data import and export routines, and recommend improvements as necessary.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the clients and provide technical feedback to the Development and R&D teams.
- Ensure data migration projects are executed on time according to the project schedule
- Provide high-level estimates on data migration projects in order to facilitate the planning activities for the Data Services group
- Provide technical guidance to the Data Services team on migration
- Ensure the Data Services team is operationally effective and efficient, and has been given the appropriate guidance on a day to day basis
- Execute and ensure work is following defined ISO processes
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated Lead Data Services Consultant, with a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role, preferably in the healthcare field, and will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A university degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or in a related discipline. Minimum 5 years working experience as technical resource
- Minimum 2 years as a technical lead position
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, organized, and detail oriented.
- Candidate must have a strong sense of accountability towards projects for which he/she is to oversee.
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge of current and emerging networking, communication and Internet related technologies.
- Experience with data conversion projects.
- Experience with SQL Server 2008, and exposure to various database platforms (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Programming knowledge of SQL scripting language is a must.
- Experience with SSIS or other ETL tools is an asset.
- Strong understanding of XML, as well as the ability to utilize various tools to analyze and troubleshoot XML files.
- Programming experience in Java is an asset.
- A ‘hands on’ approach in implementing systems. Ability to install and configure various platforms (i.e. Microsoft Windows 2003 server, Microsoft SQL Server, Communications protocols, etc) as well as different network components (firewalls, routers, switches, hubs, etc)
- Ability to organize own work load and maintain a high level of performance in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Healthcare experience particularly physician office operations is a great asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English is a must.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to understand project deliverables and execute on business objectives.
- Work as part of a team of consultants, product experts, and business analysts to assist in the design, development, and support the network architecture of Nightingale applications.
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency with personal computers in a Windows environment, including word processing and spreadsheet applications. MS Word, Excel, Project, Outlook and other related software programs preferred.
What’s in it for you:
Nightingale offers a competitive compensation package, benefits package, the right training program and career development opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun, growing technology company based in North America.
Call to action:
Adoption of health care IT is gaining strong momentum. Recent government initiatives in both Canada and the US are providing strong incentives to drive EMR adoption and bring North American adoption from ~25% up to the global standards >85% within the next 3 years.
- Let Nightingale help you unleash your full potential. We are a growth company in a growing market and there is no better time to make a career change.
- Apply now. Send your resume to email@example.com.