EMR System Support Specialist - Greater Toronto Area
We are currently looking for a highly motivated EMR System Support Specialist to join our IT Operations Team. Nightingale offers a fast-paced, innovative environment that will challenge your technical aptitude. The successful candidate will contribute to Nightingale business initiatives by supporting team members with the following activities:
- Responsible for day-to-day operations and services, together with projects and other initiatives related to the EMR environment.
- Design, develop and maintain SSIS packages for system clinical information (e.g. Multum & DPD drug updates)
- Develop and maintain T-SQL objects (stored procedures, views, functions) and database scripts
- Generation of reports for external regulatory, billing codes, etc)
- Design and implement automated monitoring and notification for Billing, Lab, Lab interface processes
- Automation of manual processes and reports.
- ICD/Fee Code and Physician directory updates.
- Continuously monitor EMR system environments, with close attention to capacity and performance.
- Contribute to the tactical planning and direction of IT infrastructure and overall improvement of all service deliveries.
- Conduct research and provide recommendations on emerging products and services that Nightingale can leverage to maintain competitive advantage in the industry.
- Share knowledge and mentor team members.
- Provide Tier 2 & Tier 3 technical support and troubleshooting to external customers, helpdesk, internal development and QA teams
- Documentation of environments, including automation, scripts, process, procedures and monitoring in place.
- Background in successfully developing applications and systems in deadline-oriented environments.
- Review, modification and creation of stored procedures and database scripts, including table design.
- Microsoft SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Windows server 2003, 2008
- Microsoft IIS 6.0
- MS SQL 2008, 2012 knowledge and administration.
- Scripting (VB, Powershell, PL/SQL, Pearl, Bash, etc) to automate processes and reporting.
- Process automation (principles technologies)
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to actively work and communicate with the various stakeholders within the IT Organization.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple high priority activities, while working in an extremely fast paced IT Operational environment is a must to succeed.
What’s in it for you:
Nightingale offers a competitive compensation package, benefits package, performance-based incentives, the right training program and career development opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun, growing technology company based in Canada.
Call to action:
Adoption of health care IT is gaining strong momentum. Recent government initiatives in both Canada and the US are providing strong incentives to drive EMR adoption and bring North American adoption from ~25% up to the global standards >85% within the next 3 years.
- Let Nightingale help you unleash your full potential. We are a growth company in a growing market and there is no better time to make a career change.
- Apply now. Send your resume to email@example.com