Java Software Engineer - Greater Toronto Area
- Within the first 3 months, design, prototype, implement and deploy one or more core platform services.
- Developing an early understanding of the product, documenting design and code details and participating in peer code reviews.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment
- Collaborate across the company to define, design and build new features.
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, performance and more.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with 5 + years of software development experience and will possess the following skills and attributes:
The successful candidate will be required to attend 1 month training in Quebec City, QC. Expenses for accommodation, travel, and living will be covered.
- A Bachelors in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Proficient background in networking, operating systems, and security
- 1 - 3+ Years of engineering experience with Java
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies
- Good communication and organization skills
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases
- Contributions to open source software projects
- Experience with PostgesSQL
- Experience with GWT
- Experience with maven and git
- Experience with Cloud based services
What’s in it for you:
Nightingale offers a competitive compensation package, benefits package, the right training program and career development opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun, growing technology company based in North America.
Call to action:
Adoption of health care IT is gaining strong momentum. Recent government initiatives in both Canada and the US are providing strong incentives to drive EMR adoption and bring North American adoption from ~25% up to the global standards >85% within the next 3 years.
- Let Nightingale help you unleash your full potential. We are a growth company in a growing market and there is no better time to make a career change.
- Apply now. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.