Systems Administrator - Greater Toronto Area
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Systems Administrator to join our Operations Team. Nightingale offers a fast-paced, innovative environment that will challenge your technical aptitude. The successful candidate will contribute to Nightingale business initiatives by supporting team members with the following activities:
- Manage the setup and ongoing support for firewalls, routers and site to site VPN's
- Conducts daily operations check routines and completion backups for server environments across all Data Centers and corporate infrastructure
- Design and implement the network infrastructure to support our customer applications and our corporate infrastructure.
- Administers, monitors, and maintain operations integrity of MS IIS web servers and MS SQL database clusters, iSCSI and FC SAN, MS Exchange 2003, SharePoint 2007, VMware vSphere, W2K3 Active Directory servers.
- Provides Tier 2 Technical Support to Help Desk and troubleshoots technical issues related to common infrastructure network and submits follow-up to Trouble Ticket system within SLA response time
- Continuously monitor the capacity and performance of the company’s IT resources, servers, disk storage, redundant network and server systems.
- Contributes to the tactical planning and direction for network and server hardware and overall improvement of all service deliveries that capitalize on efficiencies including installation standards and configurations.
- Identifies capacity requirements early in the process to accommodate procurement lead times, capacity testing recommending resolutions to performance related incidents.
- Conducts research and provide recommendations on emerging products and services in support of network and hardware systems procurement.
- Provide technical support services for cross-functional teams in Software Development, Quality Assurance and Help Desk.
- Maintains integrity and security of networks, Firewalls, IDS and user access privileges
- Participates in project stakeholder meetings. Acts in a consultative role for client integration initiatives and provides recommendation for hardware and peripherals.
- Performs a risk assessment of architecture changes and documents the strategies for mitigating these risks.
- Recommends, schedules, and perform software improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases
- Creates and maintains documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and problem management.
- Shares 24 x 7 on-call responsibilities.
- Other IT related duties as required.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated Systems Administrator, with a minimum of 2-3 years experience in a similar role, preferably in the healthcare field, and will possess the following skills and attributes:
- College degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Data Center management experience, minimum 2-3yrs.
- Corporate infrastructure management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Server administration (MCSE or MCSA or equivalent experience)
- Strong Network Administration fundamentals (CCNP or CCNA or equivalent experience)
- Linux experience desirable.
- MS-SQL server experience
- Understanding of SaaS and Cloud technologies.
- Experience with monitoring and automation tools.
- Strong customer and team focus.
- Strong work ethic.
What’s in it for you:
Nightingale offers a competitive compensation package, benefits package, performance-based incentives, the right training program and career development opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun, growing technology company based in Canada.
Call to action:
Adoption of healthcare IT is gaining strong momentum. Recent government initiatives in both Canada and the US are providing strong incentives to drive EMR adoption and bring North American adoption from ~25% up to the global standards >85% within the next 3 years.
- Let Nightingale help you unleash your full potential. We are a growth company in a growing market and there is no better time to make a career change.
- Apply now. Send your resume to email@example.com.